We hear so many ads on TV and radio talking about men’s sexual health issues like low libido; one would almost be forgiven for assuming that women do not suffer any of the same issues. The truth is that women do suffer from low libido, which is clinically known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), and it is thought they suffer at a far higher rate than men! If you are a woman suffering from HSDD, then you know firsthand that it isn’t just a problem for men.
Surprisingly, experts say frequency of sexual intercourse has nothing to do with sexual desire or satisfaction. But if a woman has a significant decrease in interest which is also having a negative effect on her life, then it’s considered a problem of low sexual desire or HSDD.
The potential causes of HSDD are numerous, and this is by no means a comprehensive list.
- Relationship problems whether marital or other create stress and lessen sexual desire.
- Cultural influences like media imagery and peer pressure.
- Low testosterone (yes, women also have this hormone!)
- Medical problems such as diabetes, depression, thyroid disorders, fibroids or endometriosis among others.
- Medications including antidepressants, blood pressure medication and contraceptives.
- Advancing age.
- Pregnancy and child birth.
- Painful sex due to dryness that occurs after menopause.
Knowing the risk factors can be helpful, but you should also know about treatment options. Frustratingly, there is no magic little blue pill for women like there is for men, despite the fact that women are more prone to low libido than men. So what are women left with? There are several options available, and the task for any woman is finding a solution that harmonizes with her unique situation. We recommend trying Vitàl Female Sexual Energy which may help restore sexual function such as increasing libido, improving responsiveness, enhancing enjoyment and reducing feelings of fatigue as a first lifeline to getting back on track; and, there are other things you can try in conjunction with our Vitàl Female Sexual Energy oral spray.
- Sex therapy or relationship counseling.
- Changing medications or altering the dose.
- Testosterone therapy.
The take away from all this should be that if you are experiencing symptoms of HSDD, you are not alone and you have options! We hope you will try Vitàl Female Sexual Energy to see the difference that it can make in your quality of life.